The Swedish Ecumenical Women's Council (SEK) is a forum for Christian women in Sweden.
The aims of the organisation:
- To promote equality between women and men and women's participation in church leadership and decision-making
- To influence public opinion and contribute to the public debate from a Christian women's perspective
- To assist women's exchange of ideas and experiences
To help women discover, develop and use their gifts
- To provide meeting places and promote solidarity across denominational barriers
- To provide training in active non-violence for women in conflict areas of the world
The members of the executive committee of the Swedish Ecumenical Women's Council represent different denominations, Christian organisations and local ecumenical women's councils.